This book has 9 recommendations
Robin Sharma (Founder/Sharma Leadership International)I encourage you to read his autobiography “Losing My Virginity” as well as his book “Business Stripped Bare” if you haven’t gone through them yet. Uber-inspiring. For people who want to become Remarkable Entrepreneurs – and express their absolute best.
Mădălina Uceanu (Managing Partner/CareerAdvisor)I would recommend any biographies of business people, but definitely I would have on the list any of Richard Branson's books. That should cover a better business and mentality understanding.
Robert Hajnal (Founder/Trail Running Academy)
[Books I recommend] For growing a business:
- Steve Jobs’ biography by Walter Isaacson;
- Call to action – Bryan Eisenberg, Jeffrey Eisenberg & Lisa T. Davis;
- Get to the top on Google – David Viney;
- Losing my Virginity – Richard Branson;
- The Snowball – Alice Schroeder.
Michael Hebenstreit (Founder/MH Themes)If you want to become an entrepreneur and succeed in a competitive environment, then there are some evergreen books as well, for example: Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson.
Gunhee Park (Co-Founder/Populum)The books that have had the most influence for me are business biographies/autobiographies. My favorites have been Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson, How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (the book isn’t as shallow as the title makes it seems), and Made in America by Sam Walton. Reading the stories of these business pioneers has had a big motivation on me to step out of my comfort zone and strive to make an impact.
Neal O'Gorman (Serial Entrepreneur)Richard Branson's, Losing my Virginity - a nice casual read which gives you an idea as to how his mind works and how 'faking it' can work well.
Aaron Watson (CEO/PiperCreative)
Question: What books would you recommend to young people interested in your career path?
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- Rework by Jason Fried & DHH
- Trust Me I’m Lying by Ryan Holiday
- The Complacent Class by Tyler Cowen
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
Yaro Starak (Founder/Entrepreneurs-Journey.com)Richard Branson, another guy with his second bio came out just recently, sort of like the part II of his life, the next 20 years. I grabbed that because his bio… I should actually go back and answer your first and second question about biggest impact and “Losing My Virginity” by Richard Branson was a huge one back in the late 90s for me, more about big thinking. The guy is crazy and I would never even consider replicating his lifestyle or life choices, but in terms of big thinking business, he doesn’t go small, he goes big with everything he does so I love to read his stories. And he can get into multiple industries, he can get into planes, he can get into health clubs, he can get into music, he gets into space. He doesn’t do anything by ___________ so I really enjoyed his second (part II) biography which I think is called “Finding My Virginity”. Great audiobook! Richard read it out too so a lot of fun.
Foti Panagio (Founder/GrowthMentor)
Honestly, it’s not really as simple as following a career path, at least not anymore. I’d recommend instead reading books on innovation and leadership because that can give you the confidence you need to blaze your own trail and to take your career as it comes. I’d suggest that a good background reading list would include [...] Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson.
This book is part of our collection:
This is the worldwide bestselling autobiography of iconic entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, featuring his take on his latest business ventures, personal achievements and intrepid adventures.
In Losing my Virginity, you'll discover how Sir Richard is committed to building a better world through responsible, holistic business practices and ventures such as the Virgin Health Bank, which is contributing to regenerative medicine, Virgin Fuels, which has pledged £200 million to renewable energy projects, and his company's charitable arm, Virgin Unite. You'll also learn about how Sir Richard and his company are reaching for the stars in a new era of commercial space travel with Virgin Galactic.
With insights into this very public figure's personal life as well as his business successes and the lessons he's learned along the way, this is an amazing memoir, motivational business guide and inspiring story that will capture your imagination.
See more books written by: Richard Branson
- What I Learned from Richard Branson…
- Career coach Mădălina Uceanu shares with us her favorite books
- Interview With an Ultrarunner: Robert Hajnal Sharing his Favourite Books
- Michael Hebenstreit, Founder of MH Themes & Former Stock Broker, on his Favorite Books
- Gunhee Park (Populum co-founder) interview
- Book-talk with Neal O'Gorman, Serial Entrepreneur
- Aaron Watson, CEO at PiperCreative, Shares His 'Why' For Reading
- Yaro Starak, Founder of Entrepreneurs-Journey.com: ’’There’s no such thing as failure, there’s only stepping stones to success’’
- Foti Panagio, Founder of GrowthMentor.io, on How One Book Gave Him the Ammunition he Needed