This book has 7 recommendations
Richard Branson (Founder/Virgin Group)Today is World Book Day, a wonderful opportunity to address this #ChallengeRichard sent in by Mike Gonzalez of New Jersey: Make a list of your top 65 books to read in a lifetime.
Barack Obama (Former USA President)
When asked what books he recommended to his 18-year-old daughter Malia, Obama gave the Times a list that included The Naked and the Dead and One Hundred Years of Solitude. “I think some of them were sort of the usual suspects […] I think she hadn’t read yet. Then there were some books that are not on everybody’s reading list these days, but I remembered as being interesting.” Here’s what he included:
- The Naked and the Dead, Norman Mailer
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
- The Golden Notebook, Doris Lessing
- The Woman Warrior, Maxine Hong Kingston
Cal Fussman (Best-selling Author)Cal described why he sometimes gifts Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude" to would-be writers: "If you've never written a book and you're going to tell somebody you want to write a great book, all right. Read this and know what a great book is".
Emi Gal (CEO/Teads Studio)When asked what books he would recommend to young people interested in his career path, Emi Gal mentioned One Hundred Years of Solitude.
Bill Earner (Founder/Connect Ventures)My favorites [novels] are 100 Years of Solitude, All the King's Men, The Last Samurai, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Oprah Winfrey (CEO/Oprah Winfrey Network)Brace yourselves—One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez is as steamy, dense and sensual as the jungle that surrounds the surreal town of Macondo!
Kamal Ravikant (Entrepreneur & Author)I’m Reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude, hell of a writer.
One Hundred Years of Solitude tells the story of the rise and fall, birth and death of the mythical town of Macondo through the history of the Buendia family. Inventive, amusing, magnetic, sad, and alive with unforgettable men and women—brimming with truth, compassion, and a lyrical magic that strikes the soul—this novel is a masterpiece in the art of fiction.
See more books written by: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- My top 65 books to read in a lifetime
- Every book Barack Obama has recommended during his presidency
- Tools of Titans
- Emi Gal, CEO of Teads Studio, Shares the Books That Made Him 'Better, Smarter, Wiser'
- Bill Earner, Founder of Connect Ventures, Uses Every Bit of His Spare Time for Reading
- Oprah's Book Club: The Complete List
- 340: Kamal Ravikant: Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It