We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 10 recommendations
Daymond John (Founder/FUBU)There are the normal ones that everybody loves. There would be "Rich Dad Poor Dad," "Who Moved My Cheese?;" I love all the Dale Carnegie books; "The One Minute Manager." I love newer ones like "Blue Ocean Strategy" and all the "Freaknomics" books.
Bogdan Iordache (Co-Founder/How to Web)There are quite a few good business books on technology, and I'll list below some I find to be a good starting point. Personally, I like biographies a lot and I mostly read biographies of dead people, because those are the most honest ones. So because the computer age is still very young, there won't be a lot of biographies in my list.
Ryan Holiday (Founder/Brass Check)I don’t remember who originally told me to read Blue Ocean Strategy but I’m glad they did because this simple recommendation would substantially shape the course of my life and my career.
Irina Botnari (Managing Partner & Co-Founder/Bucur's Shelter Hostel)Businesswise, Blue Ocean Strategy systematized in one place all the concepts I was pondering about. The main lesson: make it count. Create value innovation which will make your competition irrelevant. As simple as that.
Darren Chua (Co-Founder & CEO/Markedshot)When asked what books he'd recommend to young people interested in the same career path, Darren Chua mentioned Blue Ocean Strategy.
Darvin Kurniawan (CEO & Founder/CrowdVilla)"Blue Ocean Strategy" by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne is another book that helps me understand about creating new market, which is inline with what a startup need (from the traditional fighting for market share, to the Blue Ocean way of creating a new market).
Louis Grenier (Podcaster in Chief/Everyone Hates Marketers)If you want to think about strategy, the proper strategy, how to understand what to do, what not to do, read: “Good Strategy, Bad Strategy”, “Good to Great” and “Blue Ocean Strategy”.
Santiago Basulto (Co-Founder/rmotr.com)It’s hard to pick a favorite business book, they all have a lot of insight spread among different publications. But if I’d need to choose one, it’d be The Blue Ocean Strategy. It completely changed my way of seeing business when I was just getting started. It’s filled with amazing stories and insights.
Ayush Kumar (Founder/YourBroStore.com)One doesn't necessarily need to take from others to fill their glass & you can always build a successful business in any industry.
Jeremy Boudinet (Marketing Manager/Nextiva)Blue Ocean Strategy is a fascinating look at how innovative companies create new markets and demand for products that previously did not exist. It's a landmark book with some fascinating case studies (ex. Cirque de Soleil creating a new product - the high-end circus).
In this perennial bestseller, embraced by organizations and industries worldwide, globally preeminent management thinkers W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne challenge everything you thought you knew about the requirements for strategic success. Recognized as one of the most iconic and impactful strategy books ever written, Blue Ocean Strategy, now updated with fresh content from the authors, argues that cutthroat competition results in nothing but a bloody red ocean of rivals fighting over a shrinking profit pool. Based on a study of 150 strategic moves (spanning more than 100 years across 30 industries), the authors argue that lasting success comes not from battling competitors but from creating “blue oceans”―untapped new market spaces ripe for growth.
Blue Ocean Strategy presents a systematic approach to making the competition irrelevant and outlines principles and tools any organization can use to create and capture their own blue oceans. This expanded edition includes:
- A new preface by the authors: Help! My Ocean Is Turning Red
- Updates on all cases and examples in the book, bringing their stories up to the present time
- Two new chapters and an expanded third one ― Alignment, Renewal, and Red Ocean Traps ― that address the most pressing questions readers have asked over the past 10 years
A landmark work that upends traditional thinking about strategy, this bestselling book charts a bold new path to winning the future. Consider this your guide to creating uncontested market space―and making the competition irrelevant.
To learn more about the power of blue ocean strategy, visit blueoceanstrategy.com. There you’ll find all the resources you need―from ideas in practice and cases from government and private industry, to teaching materials, mobile apps, real-time updates, and tips and tools to help you make your blue ocean journey a success.
- Daymond John Reveals What It's Like Being A 'Shark Tank' Investor
- Bogdan Iordache: Recommended Books and Learnings
- Exclusive: The Authors of Blue Ocean Strategy Reveal How They Sold 4M Copies
- Irina Botnari, Co-Founder at Bucur's Shelter Hostel, on Books, Her Love for Stories and Biographies
- Darren Chua, Co-Founder & CEO of Markedshot, on the Books that Contributed to His Learnings
- Darvin Kurniawan, CEO & Founder of CrowdVilla, Talks About the Books that Challenged His World-View
- Everyone Hates Marketers - How Louis Grenier Built a Podcast Out of Love for True Marketing
- Santiago Basulto, Co-Founder of rmotr.com, Provides a Reading List for Founders, Coders & Stoics
- Ayush Kumar, Founder of Yourbrostore.com: Favorite Books & Reading Habits
- Interview with Jeremy Boudinet, Marketing Manager at Nextiva: Favorite Books and Reading Habits