This book has 5 recommendations
Daymond John (Founder/FUBU)My good friend @tferriss is back with another great book. Tribe of Mentors features some of the most influential moguls across industries who offer advice on how to navigate life. It comes out Monday, so make sure you add this to your reading list.
Marvin Liao (Partner/500 Startups)My list would be (besides the ones I mentioned in answer to the previous question) both business & Fiction/Sci-Fi and ones I personally found helpful to myself. The business books explain just exactly how business, work & investing are in reality & how to think properly & differentiate yourself. On the non-business side, a mix of History & classic fiction to understand people, philosophy to make sense of life and Science fiction to picture what the future could be like (not always utopian).
Antonio Eram (Founder & CEO/NETOPIA mobilPay)This book was recommended by Antonio when asked for titles he would recommend to young people interested in his career path.
Lex Na Wei Ming (CEO/Bountie.io)I have always been a huge fan of his, started out reading his 4 Hour Work Week and now his latest, Tribe of Mentors.
Cliff Hartono (CEO/Jasri Partners)Tim Ferriss’ latest book, Tribe of Mentors, contains over 130+ interviews with a diverse collection of top athletes, artists, CEOs and entrepreneurs. One of the questions he asks is “what is the book (or books) you’ve given most as a gift, and why? Or what are one to three books that have greatly influenced your life?”. This has given me an extensive booklist recommended by amazing high performers like Dustin Moskovitz, Gary Vaynerchuk, Eric Ripert, Kelly Slater and Neil Gaiman (just to name a few).
When facing life’s questions, who do you turn to for advice? We all need mentors, particularly when the odds seem stacked against us. To find his own, four-time #1 best-selling author Tim Ferriss tracked down more than 100 eclectic experts to help him, and you, navigate life. Through short, action-packed profiles, he shares their secrets for success, happiness, meaning, and more. No matter the challenge or opportunity, something in these pages can help.
You will learn:
- The three books legendary investor Ray Dalio recommends most often
- Lessons and tips from elite athletes like Maria Sharapova, Kelly Slater, Dara Torres, Tony Hawk, Dan Gable, and more
- How and why Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz says no to most incoming requests
- The mental models of poker phenoms Daniel Negreanu, Annie Duke, Fedor Holz, and Liv Boeree
- The meditation and mindfulness practices of David Lynch, Jimmy Fallon, Sharon Salzberg, Rick Rubin, Richa Chadha, Sarah Elizabeth Lewis, and others
- The high-school loss that motivated actor Terry Crews for life . . . and how you can use the lesson
- Why TED curator Chris Anderson thinks “pursue your passion” is terrible advice
- Why renowned designer Debbie Millman believes in therapy but not in work-life balance
- How Yuval Noah Harari's Sapiens went from repeated rejections to global mega-bestseller
- The new beliefs, behaviors, and habits that have most helped cryptocurrency icons (founders of Ethereum, Zcash, etc.) in the last five years
- Why Arianna Huffington recommends that you regularly scramble apps on your phone
- The “bar complex” exercise that keeps country star Tim McGraw young
- Why bestselling author Steven Pressfield believes college students should drive trucks and become cowboys
- Why comedian Patton Oswalt wishes at least one catastrophic failure on anyone in the arts
- Astrophysicist Janna Levin’s unique reframe that helps her see obstacles as opportunities
- Why actor Ben Stiller likes to dunk his head in a bucket of ice in the morning
- Why Dropbox co-founder Drew Houston’s cheat sheet for his younger self would include a tennis ball, a circle, and the number 30,000.
Other mentors include Neil Gaiman, Ashton Kutcher, Dita Von Teese, Marc Benioff, Evan Williams, Brandon Stanton, Esther Perel, Darren Aronofsky, Steve Aoki, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Stephanie McMahon, Craig Newmark, Gretchen Rubin, Bear Grylls, Laura Walker, Mr. Money Mustache (Pete Adeney), Linda Rottenberg, Jesse Williams, and many more.
See more books written by: Tim Ferriss
- TheSharkDaymond - Twitter update
- Book-Talk with Marvin Liao, Partner at 500 Startups, Avid Reader & Tsundoku
- Antonio Eram, Founder of NETOPIA mobilPay, Shares the Books that Help Him Change, Rediscover, Reshape
- Lex Na Wei Ming, CEO of Bountie.io, on How Books Molded His Character
- Cliff Hartono, CEO of Jasri Partners, Believes You Need to Find Authors to Relate to