We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 4 recommendations
Scott Oldford (Founder/LeadCraft)I don't know how many times I read that book when I was broke but, of course, the sidewalk, slow, and fast lane, I borrowed that for the SSF method that I talk about sidewalk, slow, and fast lane for lead generation. He talks about it from a financial perspective, so almost completely, entirely unrelated but that book was very, very life changing for me. So, two of those books, by far, the best books that from a level of changing my life at the right time.
Turgay Birand (Founder/Edition Guard)It completely changed the way I look at entrepreneurship and the criteria for a successful business.
Andreas Zhou (Co-Founder/Askable)Great read to help get you into the mindset of building a scalable business to create wealth quickly vs following the stereotypical career path.
Nick Loper (Chief Side Hustler/Side Hustle Nation)Kinda cheesy with all the supercar references but will motivate you and explains what it really takes to shortcut the traditional path.
This book is part of our collection:
Is the financial plan of mediocrity -- a dream-stealing, soul-sucking dogma known as "The Slowlane" your plan for creating wealth? You know how it goes; it sounds a lil something like this:
"Go to school, get a good job, save 10% of your paycheck, buy a used car, cancel the movie channels, quit drinking expensive Starbucks mocha lattes, save and penny-pinch your life away, trust your life-savings to the stock market, and one day, when you are oh, say, 65 years old, you can retire rich."
The mainstream financial gurus have sold you blindly down the river to a great financial gamble: You've been hoodwinked to believe that wealth can be created by recklessly trusting in the uncontrollable and unpredictable markets: the housing market, the stock market, and the job market. This impotent financial gamble dubiously promises wealth in a wheelchair -- sacrifice your adult life for a financial plan that reaps dividends in the twilight of life. Accept the Slowlane as your blueprint for wealth and your financial future will blow carelessly asunder on a sailboat of HOPE: HOPE you can find a job and keep it, HOPE the stock market doesn't tank, HOPE the economy rebounds, HOPE, HOPE, and HOPE. Do you really want HOPE to be the centerpiece for your family's financial plan?
Drive the Slowlane road and you will find your life deteriorate into a miserable exhibition about what you cannot do, versus what you can. For those who don't want a lifetime subscription to "settle-for-less" and a slight chance of elderly riches, there is an alternative; an expressway to extraordinary wealth that can burn a trail to financial independence faster than any road out there.
- Why jobs, 401(k)s, mutual funds, and 40-years of mindless frugality will never make you rich young.
- Why most entrepreneurs fail and how to immediately put the odds in your favor.
- The real law of wealth: Leverage this and wealth has no choice but to be magnetized to you.
- The leading cause of poorness: Change this and you change everything.
- How the rich really get rich - and no, it has nothing to do with a paycheck or a 401K match.
- Why the guru's grand deity - compound interest - is an impotent wealth accelerator.
- Why the guru myth of "do what you love" will most likely keep you poor, not rich.
- And 250+ more poverty busting distinctions...
Demand the Fastlane, an alternative road-to-wealth; one that actually ignites dreams and creates millionaires young, not old. Change lanes and find your explosive wealth accelerator. Hit the Fastlane, crack the code to wealth, and find out how to live rich for a lifetime.
See more books written by: MJ DeMarco
- How Scott Oldford Went from $726K in Debt to Building a Business that Generates $10M in Revenue (Growth Everywhere podcast)
- Interview with Turgay Birand
- Andreas Zhou, Co-Founder of Askable, Shares the Books that Gave Him a Better View of Business
- Nick Loper, Chief Side Hustler at Side Hustle Nation, on How Books Improve Business Mindsets