We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 3 recommendations
Ronn Torossian (Founder, CEO/5WPR)My PR book has become a staple within the industry, as well as required reading for many college courses throughout the country. The book details how valuable public relations is - how public relations can define brands; help companies and individuals court the press or avoid it; grow business; resolve crises quickly; improve search results on Google and so many other things. Effective PR makes such a difference, and I have many case studies and great stories to illustrate it.
Daymond John (Founder & CEO of FUBU)Torossian's For Immediate Release is a fearless, bold, clear, honest, and practical look at how PR shapes minds, ideas, and businesses. It is required reading for any business or brand interested in making an impact in today's 24/7 media world.
David A. Steinberg (Founder, CEO/CAIVIS Acquisition Corporation, Zeta Interactive)Torossian's insights into the PR business were enormously helpful to me as an entrepreneur. With Ronn's help we grew a start up into the #1 spot on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in the US, and was able to take it public with greater than a billion dollar market cap. Ronn continues to help me today as a principal in the private equity business. For Immediate Release should be required reading for anyone in business, large or small.
It is essential that businesses know how to communicate quickly, often preemptively, and effectively to survive—and at a cost that is far lower than comparable marketing and ad campaigns. The first book by the owner of a top 50 PR agency, For Immediate Release, Ronn Torossian reveals how public relations can do just that—while also defining brands; helping companies and individuals court the press or avoid it; growing business without alienating loyal customers; resolving crises quickly; and improving first page results on the most powerful search engine in the world (Google).
For Immediate Release will show you how to:
- Frame the debate and control the conversation
- Use new and old media in tandem to find your audiences and create highly personal, relevant impressions tailored for them
- Promote the interests of your brand or business; deter or potentially stop what is not in your interest
- Build on great press, and avoid or minimize bad press
- Ensure the first thing people see about your business or brand during an Internet search is exactly what you want them to see
- Handle a crisis in the most effective and efficient manner
- See the positive difference effective PR makes through compelling case studies—Louis Vuitton, Fubu, BP, Toyota, Philip Stein, Zappos, and interviews with experts including Dr. Keith Ablow, political strategists Frank Luntz, Roger Stone and Hank Sheinkopf, and many others—and your own business.
See more books written by: Ronn Torossian