We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 1 recommendation
Nicolas Jouvenceau (CEO/Pink Diamonds Boutique)It opened my eyes that you don’t really need to be born with a “talent” to actually become creative, that creativity is a process that can be learned, and this is something I did apply.
As a former aerospace scientist, Fortune 500 executive, chief innovation officer, inventor, and software entrepreneur, David Kord Murray has made a living by coming up with innovative ideas. In Borrowing Brilliance he shows readers how new ideas are merely the combination of existing ones by presenting a simple six-step process that anyone can use to build business innovation:
- Defining-Define the problem you're trying to solve.
- Borrowing-Borrow ideas from places with a similar problem.
- Combining-Connect and combine these borrowed ideas.
- Incubating-Allow the combinations to incubate into a solution.
- Judging-Identify the strength and weakness of the solution.
- Enhancing-Eliminate weak points while enhancing strong ones.
Each chapter features real-life examples of brilliant borrowers, including profiles of Larry Page and Sergey Brin (the Google guys), George Lucas, Steve Jobs, and other creative thinkers. Murray used these methods to re-create his own career and he shows readers how to harness them to find creative solutions.