We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 1 recommendation
Holger Arians (CEO/Dominet Digital Corporation)
Jeff Boss is a former Navy SEAL and knows everything about mental fortitude, and controlling your emotions and impulses in the face of critical situations. He uses his expertise in this book to teach others how to develop resilience and fortitude and cope with difficult situations.
Resilience and fortitude are two key qualities of a successful leader, especially when faced with crisis situations or making tough decisions. This book is a great aid in such moments, when you feel unsure of yourself.
In this concise guide to mental management, executive leadership and team coach and former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, teaches a blend of unique mental training methodologies that will enhance your self-belief, self-confidence, and mental fortitude to help you reach new levels of success no matter what your profession is.
Jeff’s unique WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) style of writing makes the science of mental toughness easy to read and relatable. With a client list that ranges from high potentials to top executives, Jeff demonstrates how to pave the way for breakthrough potential by sharing over 23 mental exercises for dealing with overwhelm. Specifically, you’ll learn:
- Why understanding the mind is the smartest thing you can do
- Learn the 4 Mental Traps and How To Avoid Them
- The 3 types of focus and why mastering them is fundamental to success
- Learn how to deal with uncertainty and not by stymied by fear
- Learn the 3 pitfalls of uncertainty so you can anticipate and avoid them
- The truth about managing uncertainty
- Learn the neuroscience of change
- Become proficient in replacing negative thoughts with positive ones
- Create more productive thinking habits by understanding thought architecture
- 23 exercises for dealing with overwhelming pressure
- Learn the most effective path to building mental fortitude
This book is powerful—but only to the degree that you are willing to proactively put forth the focus to be the person you want to be.
The lessons and techniques presented in this book are essential reading for anyone seeking greater success and peak performance, whether it be on the playing field, in business, or life in general.
Whatever your personal endeavor may be, whatever challenge you may be facing, these lessons will prepare you to move forward and excel. Reach new levels of personal success and performance as you learn, practice, and apply these powerful concepts and proven techniques.