Home Office Bookshelf Desk: Complete Reviews with Comparisons
I’ve recently moved houses. While I lived in about 20 apartments (and houses) in the last 20 years, I’ve never owned one before. One I could adapt any way I wanted. Also, one in which I had a true home office. Until now.
The first thing to add in a home office? A desk, of cours e. Looking for inspiration, I’ve found that there is a combination of a desk and bookcases or bookshelves. I love books (this is why you read this article on a site called The CEO Library, after all). So here are the potential options I’ve found while searching online.
The best home office bookshelf desk needs to help you keep organized without taking away from the appeal of your office. You want a piece of furniture that is functional, while it goes with the design of your office.
Home Office Bookshelf Desk Reviews
1. Vasagle Industrial Computer Writing Desk
Having an industrial vibe in your home office is, apparently, a strikingly modern thing to do. Because of it, it would also be easier to find matching decor pieces. The Vasagle Industrial Computer Writing Desk is sleek and simplistic, with two shelves for you to store books or any other office-related items.
When you first look at the desk, you’ll notice just how stylish it is. With tasteful color choices and sleek edges, it’s the perfect combination of modern and rustic. A few of the other most impressive features of this desk include:
- Welded Metal: Some parts of the desk are welded, which is ideal for overall durability. Instead of only relying on screws and wood glue, you can rest assured the desk will last several years.
- Versatile Shelves: By far, the most exciting feature of the Vasagle Industrial Computer Writing Desk is the two storage shelves, which can be used for books, accessories, or even file folders. You also have the opportunity to install them on the left or right side of the desk. For even more room, you can remove the top shelf to fit a computer tower or anything substantial.
- Metal Frame: There’s nothing more frustrating than working on a desk that is poorly built, and the Vasagle desk is crafted using a 1.2mm thick metal frame with high-quality wooden boards. When you put it together, you won’t have to worry about the desk shaking as you type.
- Adjustable Feet: If you like to make minor adjustments to your desk for added comfort, you’ll appreciate the adjustable feet on each of the legs. Putting the unit together is also incredibly simple, as it ships with instructions and all of the tools you need for assembly.
- Plenty of room for dual monitors
- Easily adjustable shelves
- Beautiful design
- Sleek and simple
- Not real wood
- Easily damaged
2. Bestier Wooden Workstation
If you love the idea of an industrial style desk but need more room than what the previous desk has, this is a great one to consider. The Bestier Wooden Workstation has almost everything you would expect from a desk and bookshelf combo, especially the full-size bookshelf. With a modern yet rustic appeal, it’s the type of desk that would easily fit into anyone’s home office.
There’s plenty to love about the Bestier Wooden Workstation, especially since it has plenty of desktop room for your monitor, keyboard, and other peripherals. We also love how large the bookshelf is compared to other units that only offer one to two shelves. Some of the other notable features of the unit include:
- Four-Tier Bookshelf: When assembled, the bookshelf allows for four different tiers of storage. You’ll have more than enough room for books and even your computer tower. It’s a brilliant design since it’s somewhat minimalistic but offers more than enough storage.
- Environmentally-Friendly: According to the retailer, the wooden material used to make the Bestier Wooden Workstation meets US CARB P2 standards. This point means there aren’t any harmful chemicals used in the production of the furniture that could harm yourself, kids, or animals. You’ll also find the surface is designed to be comfortable against the skin.
- Durable Features: In regards to the US CARB P2 standards, the materials used to create this desk also make it both waterproof and anti-scratch. With a surface that is easy to keep clean, you won’t have to worry about beverages penetrating the layers of wood if you don’t use a coaster.
- Easy Assembly: At first, it may seem like a lot of work to put the Bestier Wooden Workstation together, when in reality, you can do it in a matter of minutes. The instructions are quite clear, and the unit requires minimal tools, all of which arrive with your order.
- Non-Slip Feet: As an added advantage, this desk also arrives with non-slip feet. This feature helps to keep the piece sturdier when you have it all installed. We love the idea of the non-slip feet as they also help to protect your floors from the hard metal of the unit. This benefit is especially prevalent if you keep your desk on your hardwood floors.
- Tools are included
- Feels and looks sturdy
- Assembly is simple
- High-quality design
- Some screw holes misaligned
- Tools may not arrive with the order
3. Tangkula Corner Desk
It can be an excellent opportunity to save space in your home office by opting for a corner desk. Instead of furniture sticking out into the middle of the room, the Tangkula Corner Desk easily slides into any corner. With this piece of furniture, you can maximize the space you have in a small area.
Overall, the aesthetic of this desk is rather traditional, which is a fantastic option for professional offices at home. It’s also an excellent solution for people who might not have space for a full-size desk. With a reasonable amount of room and built-in bookshelves, this could be precisely what you’ve been looking for.
A few other essential features of the Tangkula Corner Desk include:
- Solid Wood: Durability and stability are important for your home office desk, and this model is made from high-quality solid wood. The surface is also friendly on sensitive skin and is easy to keep clean.
- Storage: There are a few places for you to store your most essential items on this desk, as it comes with two open shelves on both sides. These shelves are best for books or any other decor items. Also, there’s a pull-out drawer you can use for storing sensitive documents.
- Easy Assembly: By using the simple instructions, you can assemble the Tangkula Corner Desk quickly. The hardware you need for installation is also included in the package.
- Simple Edges: This feature also contributes to the space-saving benefits of the desk, as the straight edges make it easier to fit into small spaces. We also found that it adds a more modern aesthetic to the unit and is safer for kids and pets. Tucking the desk away in a corner has never been easier.
- Space Saving: Not everyone has an entire room to dedicate to an office, which is what makes the Tangkula Corner Desk a great option. It is compact yet large enough to hold a laptop and a single monitor, as well as any computer peripherals you may have.
- Sturdy shelves and drawers
- Appears to be real wood
- One-person assembly
- Only requires a screwdriver
- Pilot holes drilled improperly
- Shelves may pop out of holes
4. Sauder Harbor Computer Desk
This computer desk is one of the most exciting designs on this list because of its rustic appeal. With an antique finish, it looks like a specialty piece of furniture perfect for any size office. You’ll also appreciate its numerous features, which includes plenty of storage and a built-in bookshelf.
A few of the other notable features of the Sauder Harbor Computer Desk include:
- Slide-Out Shelf: If you prefer to keep your keyboard and mouse on a separate surface from the top of the desk, you’ll appreciate the slide-out feature. The shelf is equipped with metal runners and safety stops, so the drawer cannot be accidentally removed from the desk.
- Three Drawers: On the right side of the Sauder Harbor Computer Desk, there are three sliding drawers you can use to store any items you don’t want on display. Another fascinating feature of the drawers is that the bottom features a full extension slide. This piece is used to hang file folders that are of various sizes.
- Extra Storage: There is also a hutch to the left of the drawers for additional in-desk storage. This space is a fantastic option for storing your computer tower, so it’s out of sight.
- Mounted Bookshelf: There are six individual slots you can use to store an assortment of books, whether textbooks or address books. On the right side of the Sauder Harbor Computer Desk, the cubbies are more substantial, and on the left, the slots are best for small tools such as pencils and pens.
- High-Quality Design: As the Sauder Harbor Computer Desk is made in the USA, it features engineered wood, which is a combination of trimmings and post-milling leftovers. This feature also helps to make the desk a little more eco-friendly.
- Slide-On Mouldings: To assist with making the assembly a little easier, the moldings on this desk can slide onto one another. This feature helps to make it simpler to put together for one person, though it’s still a good idea to have two people for the job.
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Has a lot of storage
- Takes a while to assemble
- Very heavy
5. Convenience Concepts Student Desk
The Convenience Concepts Student Desk is a unique option for someone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of time putting a desk together. Instead, you can read the simple instructions and have a new desk assembled in minutes. With a relatively basic design, it’s a fantastic option for offices and dorms.
One of our favorite aspects of this desk is that it has plenty of storage without being too overbearing. You’ll be able to fit it into a smaller sized room without it being the focal point of the space. Also, you can choose from an assortment of colors to easily appeal to the aesthetic of your office.
A few other notable features of the Convenience Concepts Student Desk include:
- No Tools Needed: In comparison to the other desks on this list, the Convenience Concepts Student Desk is designed to require no tools for assembly. This feature is what makes it ideal for people who have just moved into a new home or space and need a desk immediately. Also, you’ll find it will help to cut back a lot of time off of your installation.
- Plenty of Storage: In total, there are five shelves you can use to store your belongings, though four are the easiest to access. On either side of the desk, you’ll notice there are two open shelves that you can use as bookshelves or keep any other moderately sized office essentials. There is also a shelf that is the width of your entire desk. When assembled, the extra shelf will be perfect for your keyboard and mouse.
- Stainless Steel Frame: The frame of the Convenience Concepts Student Desk is made entirely of stainless steel, which is ideal for people searching for a high-quality and durable unit. The rest of the pieces appear to be made from particle board compared to real wood, which helps to make it a more economical choice.
- Variety of Colors: Instead of only being available in the traditional black, white, and brown colors, there are numerous colors to choose from with the Convenience Concepts Student Desk. Some of which are light blue, hot pink, gold, cherry, and faux birch.
- Easily taken down and reassembled
- 10-minute assembly
- Fantastic for adults and kids
- Sturdy when assembled
- Limited hidden storage
- Not built for longevity
- Not deep enough
Overall, my choice for the best home office bookshelf desk is the Vasagle Industrial Computer Writing Desk because it doesn’t look as loaded as the others. I like desks that are not as busy in terms of options (like the Sauder Harbor Computer Desk above, let’s say). A simple and clear space makes it easier for me to focus.
Any of the options above could be a good choice in your home office. Just think of what you prioritize in your day to day work life.