This book has 2 recommendations
Boban Dedovic (Serial Entrepreneur / )
Question: What five books would you recommend to young people interested in your career path & why?
Answer: Here are the main five I would recommend (in chronological order):
- Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive by Harvey Mackay
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- No More Mr Nice Guy by Robert Glover
Thom Singer (Podcaster / Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do)
The other book that had a lasting impact was Swim with the Sharks by Harvey Mackay. Again, I read it in my 20s, but the book showed me how to build relationships and be a good salesperson. No matter what we do for a living, we are in sales, even if we are just selling ourselves.
This straight-from-the-hip handbook by bestselling author and self-made millionaire Harvey Mackay spells out the path to success for readers everywhere. They will learn how to:
- Outsell by getting appointments with people who absolutely, positively do not want to see you, and then making them glad they said yes!
- Outmanage by arming yourself with information on prospects, customers, and competitors that the CIA would envy - using a system called the Mackay 66.
- Outmotivate by using his insights to help yourself or your kids join the ranks of Amercia's one million millionaires.
- Outnegotiate by knowing when to smile and say no and when to send in the clones.
This one-of-a-kind book by a businessman who's seen it all and done it all has sold almost 2 million copies, and is the essential roadmap for everyone on the path to success.