This book has 4 recommendations
Kevin Lamping (Founder / WebdriverIO)
A great insight into the power you possess and where the economy may be headed.
Sujan Patel (Co-Founder / Web Profits)
Entrepreneurs largely celebrate the end of the dreaded 9-to-5 and are ready to dive headfirst into a world where they call the shots. The End of Jobs argues that rapid advancements in technology and globalization are leveraging points in the accumulation of wealth, meaning and freedom. This eye-opening book will give reluctant entrepreneurs the nudge they need, with sobering statistics on why the century-long growth in wages stopped in 2000, and why MBAs and JDs can't land jobs, let alone pay off their significant debt.
Marvin Liao (Partner / 500 Startups)
The Joy of Not Working (Zelinkski), Flash Foresight (Burrus), The Art of Worldly Wisdom (Gracian), Sapiens (Yuval), The End of Jobs (Pearson), Deep Work (Newport), Sovereign Individual (Davidson), The Fourth Economy (Davison) & The Monk & the Riddle (Komisar). Every single one of these books completely changed how I looked at everything in the world & literally pushed my life in a new direction. They were Paradigm Shifting as they say. (hate that word but it really was a Paradigm Shift for me).
Aaron Watson (CEO / PiperCreative)
Question: What books would you recommend to young people interested in your career path?
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- Rework by Jason Fried & DHH
- Trust Me I’m Lying by Ryan Holiday
- The Complacent Class by Tyler Cowen
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
#1 Amazon Bestseller in Business and Money, Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and International Economics
A Top 3 'Start Your Own Business' Book -Inc Magazine
The rapid development of technology and globalization has changed the leverage points in accumulating wealth: money, meaning and freedom. Those that don't adapt are becoming trapped in the downward spiral of a dying middle class - working harder and earning less. Entrepreneurs that understand the new paradigm, have created unprecedented wealth in their lives and the lives of those they love.
In This Book You'll Learn:
- Why the century-long growth in wages came to a halt in 2000.
- Why MBAs and JDs can't get jobs and what that means for the future of work and your job.
- Why The Theory of Constraints and a shift into the Fourth Economy has made entrepreneurship the highest-leveraged career path for the young and ambitious.
- Why The Turkey Problem means accounting may be the riskiest profession in the 21st century while entrepreneurship may be the safest.
- How entrepreneurs with second-rate degrees are leveraging the radical democracy of the Long Tail to get rich.
- How the Stair Step Method and return of apprenticeships have transformed the entrepreneurial leap to make entrepreneurship at large, and small business entrepreneurship in particular, more accessible than ever.
- The scientific research on how giving up balanced living and embracing integrated living leads to more money, more meaning, and more freedom.
- Why a 20th century world view to career search questions like What career is right for me? and How do I find a career? could be the source of your frustration (and a better way to think about it)